L'Art du Geste ( la Chironomie de QUINTILIEN ) était , à Rome , pratiqué jusqu'à l'excès ; Il est resté une composante du mode d'expression de l'Italie .ENGLISH : In ancient Rome , the Art of Gesture ( Quintilian's chironomia ) was practiced to the extreme ; it has remained a component of the mode of expression in Italy as illustrated in this sketchbook : 270 gestures , 202 italian expressions , 579 definitions , 111 références to " LA MIMICA" by Andrea de Jorio .

8 mai 2016

C MOODS

ILLUSTRATIONS : CLICK ON ADJACENT " ARCHIVES DU BLOG 2010 "

C1 
Fare le corna = to make the sign of the horns 
A to ward off evil / bad luck
B to bring luck 

C2 
Fare la fica 
A to bring luck
B symbolizes the feminine sex
C symbolizes the act of sex 

C3 
A to bring luck
B to ward off evil / bad luck 

C4 
posso segnarmi col gomito = I could sign myself with my elbow 
I was  very lucky 

C5
1 
Me ne frego ! = I don't care ! 
A I don't care
B nothing 
2 
Same meanings as 1A and 1B
Made discretlely in public , in, meetings , etc 
3 
A I couldn't care less , I don't give a damn
B nothing at all 

C6
1 
Translates confusion , perplexity , and / or questioning 
1 Cosa vuoi ? = What do you want ?
2 Di che si tratta ? = What is it about ?
3 Chi è Lei ? questo ? quello ? etc = Who is it ? 
2 
Ma che cazzo vuoi ? ( usual but untranslatable expression )
3 
As above , but vrey strong , very violent
As above , but discretely in public , in meetings , etc 

C7 
Translates doubt and / or questioning 
1 Ma cosa vuoi ? = What do you want ?
2 Ma cosa fai ? = What are you doing ?
3 Ma cosa devo fare ? = What should I do ? 

C8 
A The same meanings as C7
B Indicates a conclusion 

C9 
The same meanings as C7 

C10 
Vado a spanna = I'm going to the span 
A I'm feeling my way
B I'm moving forward prudently
C Approximate ( ly )
D In business : to eyeball / estimate 

C11 
1 cosa ci posso fare ? = What can I do  
impotence or disinterest 
2 che ne so io ? = What do I know ( of that ) ? 
I know nothing about it 

C12 
To be happy / content with oneself 

C13 
leccarsi i baffi = to lick one's mustache / whiskers 
A to lick one's chops / lips , to havea blast ( both literal and figurative senses ) 
B to have made off well 

C14 
something so confusing / chaotic it makes your head spin 

C15 
1 che peso ! = what a weight / burden ! 
translates the boredom or constraint created by a person or a situation 
2 mi rimane li ! = it's stuck / caught in my chest ( it / that is stuck here ) 
A I'm not going to forget this !
B I hold a grudge against him 

C16 
A What a bore !
B How disagreeable !
C He's boring / annoying 

C17  
fare una testa cosi = make a head like this
fare la testa come un pallone = make a head like a balloon 
A to bore , to bother
B to make stupider with one's words
C to give one a headache
D to drive one crasy 

C18 
A difficult , painful , hard
B tiring 

C19 
ne ho fin qui ! = I've had it up to here ! 
I've reached the limit of my patience or tolerance 

C20 
ne ho fin sopra i capelli ! = I've had it to the ends of my hair ! 
I've had it up to here ! 

C21 
ne ho due cosi = I have two like this 
A I'm seething
B I've had enough
C I'm fed up 

C22 
A I'm at the end of my strength
B I'm dog tired / exhausted / wiped out                                                                   

Aucun commentaire: