L'Art du Geste ( la Chironomie de QUINTILIEN ) était , à Rome , pratiqué jusqu'à l'excès ; Il est resté une composante du mode d'expression de l'Italie .ENGLISH : In ancient Rome , the Art of Gesture ( Quintilian's chironomia ) was practiced to the extreme ; it has remained a component of the mode of expression in Italy as illustrated in this sketchbook : 270 gestures , 202 italian expressions , 579 definitions , 111 références to " LA MIMICA" by Andrea de Jorio .

8 mai 2016

D CLASH !

ILLUSTRATIONS : CLICK ON ADJACENT " ARCHIVES DU BLOG 2010 "

D1
1 
Cornuto = cuckold 
A Cuckold
B A complete idiot , a cretin , asshole , imbecile , awful , etc 
2 
1 cavare gli occhi = tear out one's eyes 
A rage , anger , hatred
B announce / declare terrible vengeance
C disdain 
2 malocchio , " jettatura " = the evil eye , malediction / curse 
Curse you !  

D2 
A to desire to wrong , to hurt
B to get vengeance 
1 le dita negli occhi = fingers in the eyes
2 cavare gli occhi = to tear out the eyes 
C look me in the eyes 

D3 
vai a quel paese ! = go I-don't-know-where !
vai a farti benedire ! = go get yourself blessed !
vai a farti vedere ! = get lost !
vaffanculo ! = go fuck yourself ! fuck off ! fuck you 
to tell someone to go to Hell 

D4 
Same meanings as D3 , but threatening 

D5
1
2
3 
va a farti mettere !
va a farti fottere !
vaffanculo ! 
go fuck yourself ! fuck off ! fuck you ! 
4 
to leave , to flee , to retreat 

D6 
The same meanings as D5 

D7 
The same meanings as D5
Used discretely in public , in meetings , etc 

D8 
mi ha fatto un culo cosi = he made / gave me an ass like this 
A he tricked me , he cheated me
B he bothered me 

D9 
glielo metto cosi = I'll give it to him like this 
I'm going to trick you , I'm going to fuck you ( over ) , I'm going to trick / cheat you , I'll have my vengeance.....   

The famous usuel " finger " is , more or less , 2000 years old ? : " The impure finger only extented . The impure finger , in wich only the middle finger is extented , the others being closed , forming a fist , is yet another offensive gesture .....; and it also is expressive of the three ideas already indicated : offence , invitation , or something that has happened or about to happen ..........Who knows if this gesture , carried out with the middle finger , is not the same as that spoken of by Martial VI 70 : Ostendit digitum , sed impudicum ( " he points his finger - and the insulting finger " ) that with more reason Perseus called infamis ? "  ( DE JORIO - KENDON ) 

D10
1 
To be tricked / cheated / scammed 
2 
To be tricked / cheated / scammed really badly 

D11 
1 qui non c'e scritto " sale e tabacchi " = " salt and tobacco " is not written here
2 qui non c'e scritto " giocondo " = " ballot " is not written here  
I'm not stupid , not an idiot 

D12 
in mezzo agli occhi = right between the eyes 
A I'm not an idiot
B Don't count on it 
 dain
D13 
cosa mi vuoi far bere ? = what do you want to make me drink ? what are you trying to make me drink ? 
A I'm not a fool
B who do you think you're trying to fool ? who are you kidding ?
C it's not within me ( or you ) grasp 

D14 
suonare il violino = to play the violin 
to give someone a dressing down , to scold , to dispute 

D15 
pernacchia = making a face at , thumbing one's nose at 
A disdain
B mockery
C insult 

D16 
A rancor , bitterness , pique
B rage , anger
C I should have held my tongue , I misspoke
D I feel bad / guilty , I blame myself
E I'm holding myself back , I'm holding my tongue , I'm holding in my anger / negative feelings 

D17
1 
A rumor has it
B according to hearsay
C it's going around that...... 
2 
A to have the feeling that..
B to have the impression that... 
3 
something isn't right , something sounds bad 
4 
put an idea in someone's head , whisper in someone's ear 

D18 
A to have major doubts
B approximately
C mediocre , so-so
D it's borderline x ( it's almost too x / not x enough ; at the limits of respectebility , for exemple )
E shady / sketchy 

D19 
puzza = it stinks 
the vsituation seems shady or is rotten 

D20 
gomitata = nudge , elbow ( the action ) 
A cheap / dirty trick
B jostle / jockey for position 

D21 
1 fregare = to swindle , to cheat 
to cheat , to trick , to swindle 
2 fregare = to rub , to rub oneself 
to make love , to fuck 

D22 
E' lui ! lei ! sono loro ! = it's him / her / them ! etc 
A used as a distraction , diversion , or joke
B insulting or defamatory gesture of accusation 
cavare gli occhi = to tear out the eyes 

D23 
calma ! = calm down ! 
A whatch what you say !
B watch out , be careful
C one moment
D slowly / calmy / gently 

D24 
A watch out ! be careful ! I warned you . I told you so
B pay attention to what I'm saying
C that's bad / wrong / a no-no ( ironic or paternal )

D25 
A please , I beg of you
B please , think about it / think carefully ( insistent or menacing )
C what do you want ? ( same meanings as C6 through C9 ) 

D26 
una sberla , uno schiaffo = a slap , a smack 
A to give or receive a slap , in either the physical or the moral sense
B to threaten
C to get a shock , a jolt , physical or moral 

D27 
dare sui denti = to hit in the teeth 
to beat 

D28
1 
menare = to strike , to hit
dare una legnata = to hit with a stick 
A to beat
B to make someone suffer morally
C to warn , to threaten : watch out ! watch yourself !  
2 
A to kill , to strike violently
B to conclude , to achieve , to stop 

D29 
fare una teste cosi = to make a head like this 
A to beat
B to be beaten 

D30 
A to be paralysed , stuck , blocked , prevented from maneuvering or moving
B to be tied / bound hand and foot
C to be at someone's mercy
D to be arrested , to go to prison 

D31 
essere impiccato = to be hanged 
A to be absolutely immobilized ( in the larger sense )
B to be grabbed by the throat / smothered / stifled / suffocated
C to be at the mercy of  

D32 
facciamoci la croce sopra = let's make a cross over it ; let's cross it out  
A let us speak of this no more
B nothing left to do , to hope for 

D33 
chiuso ! = closed ! 
A I've lost interest
B my job is done 

D34 
finito = finished
chiuso = closed 
A indicates lack of interest
B indicates that a problem has been resolvedor an affair concluded 

D35 
chiuso = closed 
A finished !
B to give up , to abandon , to throw in the towel
C to have nothing to say , to know nothing 
 (
D36
1 
chiuso = closed 
finished , closed 
2 
troncare = to slice , to truncate 
A to annihilate , to destroy
B to break off relations , negotiations 

D37 
troncare = to slice , to truncate 
A to break something 
B to break off relations
C to stop immediatly
D nothing , absolutely nothing 
2 
alternative or categorial limits 

D38 
to go , to leave  

D39 
tagliare la corda = to cut the cord 
A to go , to leave
B to flee
C to go towards ( direction indicated by the hand ) 

D40 
smammare = to get lost 
A to flee , to get the heck out of there
B to move forward , to go straight 

D41 
A to leave , to go , to zoom / race / go quickly , to clear out / off as quickly as possible
B to disappear                      
                                       
                                                                    
    

Aucun commentaire: